Share This On:
GIS – A group of agribusiness persons from regions one and two have become Certified Agri-entrepreneurs after completing a five-week training program organized by the Extension and Advisory Services and the Agribusiness Development units of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food Production, Fisheries, Cooperatives and Rural Development.
The training course formed part of an ongoing program for the agricultural sector designed to equip farmers with the entrepreneurial skills necessary to succeed in a competitive market.
The training programs covered subject areas in agribusiness development, pest and disease management and record keeping.
The training seeks to get all farmers certified so that they are better able to manage their farms and supply a better quality product to the market.
The newly certified Agribusiness graduates were applauded for taking on the challenge of capacity building and reminded of the important role they play in feeding the nation and in bringing food security to the local economy.
They were also encouraged to use their new skills to help improve their businesses.
More Agriculture Stories
- Prime Minister and Agriculture Minister meet with WINFRESH February 25, 2020
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020
- JICA assists Choiseul fishers February 17, 2020
- Abundant harvest of Taiwanese banana variety in Saint Lucia January 30, 2020
- Safety at Sea training workshop January 27, 2020
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020