Share This On:
Parliamentary Representative for Vieux Fort South, Hon Dr. Kenny D. Anthony, joins his constituents of Vieux Fort South in expressing condolences to two families in Vieux Fort who are in mourning following the deaths of two young fishermen at sea.
Several weeks ago, the two young fishermen were reported missing at sea.
Reports reaching Saint Lucia, indicate that the two young fishermen have been found dead in their boat adrift off the coast of Puerto Rico.
According to Dr. Anthony, “from time to time, our fishers experience difficulties at sea. Sometimes, we are fortunate and they are found drifting. This particular incident is painful because the two fishermen must have faced a very difficult and agonizing situation. This one hurts to the core. I extend my sympathy and condolences to the families of the fishers as well as the entire fishing community of Vieux Fort South who constantly put their lives at risk to earn their livelihoods. I sincerely hope that the authorities will extend assistance to the families to return the bodies to Saint Lucia to give the two young men a decent and fitting burial.”
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM