Share This On:
(SNO) – The National Council of and for Persons with Disabilities (NCPD) has made an appeal to anyone who is need of a wheelchair in Saint Lucia to contact them for an appointment.
The organization said that due to the great success of it mobility aid programme in 2019, it has received a second donation of wheelchairs and additional mobility devices (crutches, canes, walkers).
The donation came from the worldwide humanitarian organization, LDS Charities to be distributed to Saint Lucians in the month of February.
“If you or anyone you know needs a brand new wheelchair, walker or crutches, call The NCPD promptly for an appointment,” the organization said. “Persons must have a disability in order to qualify, must be in a position to be present for a twenty minute assessment and fitting at the Clinic venue and must be above the age of 14.”
Additionally, to qualify for a wheelchair, persons must be able to sit upright unassisted and free of pressure sores.
Those interested should contact the NCPD’s head office at 453-1539/ 716 3214.
Residents on the southern part of the island should contact 454-3721 / 716 3415.
A message can also be sent to the organization’s Facebook page to set up an appointment at the nearest location.
- Outpatient clinics reopen at Owen King EU Hospital
- BREAKING: Saint Lucia maintains trend of negative COVID-19 test results
- Scientists say an apocalyptic bird flu could wipe out half of humanity
- Saint Lucia prepares to reopen its borders to visitors and nationals
- St. Lucia thanks India for US$1M grant, ‘significant quantity of medical supplies’
- Saint Lucia is COVID-19-free — again! (+video)
- India donates US$1 million, medical supplies to St. Lucia
- Saint Lucia recognizes its nurses (+audio, photos, videos)
- Rubis donates PPE to Saint Lucia (+video)