Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The National Competitiveness and Productivity Council is preparing to host its 5th Annual Productivity Awareness Week under the theme: “Innovation for Greater Productivity” during the period 15 – 19 October 2018.
A key factor in increasing the performance of a business or organization is innovation. It is through innovation that enterprises as well as organizations are able to improve output and efficiency for less effort and cost. Therefore a business cannot have sustained productivity without constantly innovating.
It is through this vein that the Council has decided to focus on Innovation and to make the call for action to all citizens to embrace an innovative mindset. Embracing innovation requires a paradigm shift in thinking by policy makers, business practitioners and the citizenry as a whole.
The activities slated for the Week observance will focus on innovative practices such as Fintech, research for productivity, adaptation of new technologies and creative ways of solving daily problems in customer service.
The Council has partnered with many agencies including government, Eastern Caribbean Central Bank, First Citizens and Bank of Saint Lucia in showcasing innovative projects/services at the Financial Administration Center during the Week 15 – 19 October 2018. The public is invited to visit the display.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Resilient FICS celebrates staff February 24, 2020
- Proposed sale of Canadian Banks in the Caribbean under review February 24, 2020
- St. Lucian female chocolate maker recognized internationally February 24, 2020
- Another year of Campari Carnival for the region February 24, 2020
- Fuel price adjustments February 24, 2020
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020