Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — On Monday, November 18, 2019, a new executive of the Saint Lucia National Students’ Council was elected during its Annual General Assembly at the Vladimir Lucien Human Resource and Development Centre, Gros Islet.
The general conference was attended by 10 students’ councils from schools around the island.
The program commenced with remarks from Minister of Education Innovation, Gender Relations and Sustainable Development, Dr. Gale Rigobert.
She expressed gratitude to the students present at the organization’s highest decision-making forum and encouraged participants to appreciate the opportunity to exercise students’ rights.
Following an exciting program which saw addresses from Ms. Louise Victor, the General Assembly proceeded to elect a new executive for the year 2019-2020.
The new executive of the National Students’ Council is as follows:
President – Zannika Emilien (Sir Arthur Lewis Community College)
Vice President (Districts 1-4) – Katelin Samuel (Sir Arthur Lewis Community College)
Vice President (Districts 5-8) –Waylan Didier (Vieux Fort A Level southern campus)
General Secretary – Faith Ernest (Sir Arthur Lewis Community College)
Assistant Secretary – Marissa Paul (Leon Hess Comprehensive Secondary School)
Treasurer – Jainashel Gabriel (Sir Arthur Lewis Community College)
Public Relations Officer – Danielle Charles (Sir Arthur Lewis Community College)
The executive elections were eagerly contested with a total of 13 candidates vying for positions.
The executive was sworn in by Mr. Nyus Alfred, president of the St. Lucia National Youth Council.
The election process was conducted by the Electoral Committee comprising of Chairperson Mr. Ajani Lebourne; Second Vice President of NYC Ms. Anya Edwin; First Vice President of the NYC, Youth Officer employed with the Ministry of Youth Development and Sports, Mr. Nickson Barry; Programmes Officer of NYC, Mr. Rahym Augustin Joseph, and teacher at the Corinth Secondary School Ms. Ronisha Alexander.
The elections were supervised by Alymphia Lionel, civic and voter education coordinator at the Electoral Department.
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM
- Uncertainty as civil unrest continues in Dominica December 4, 2019 9:56 AM