Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Minister for Home Affairs, Justice and National Security Senator the Honourable Hermangild Francis is pleased to have held productive discussions with members of the northern division of the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force (RSLPF) on Wednesday, May 02nd, 2018 at the Finance Administrative Center at Pointe Seraphine.
The Police in the north of the island came out in significant numbers to take advantage of the platform where the minister had invited them to: “ask me anything as long as it is not derogatory.”
For his part Minister Francis who last week met with police officers from the south, addressed several issues during his preamble and fielded several questions posed by the officers.
The Minister also took time to highlight welcomed initiatives for the Police under the new financial year 2018/2019 such as the construction of a new Gros Islet Police Station, a new Police Headquarters to be built at La Toc and the expansion and modernization of the communication systems of the RSLPF.
Other agenda items and mutually shared concerns centered on discipline in the Force, the new Use of Force Policy, the Ethics Policy, an update on the CARICOM IMPACS Report and Succession Planning in the Force among others.
Minister Francis appealed to the officers to be mindful that good work morale and professional ethics must complement the provision of state resources to get the job done effectively.
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools
- Vieux Fort couple caught with firearm and ammunition
- Saint Lucia’s chief elections officer heads CARICOM observer mission to St. Kitts-Nevis
- Government removes controversial Tourism Levy Act from order paper
- Saint Lucia receive negative COVID-19 test results for 32 consecutive days
- St. Jude impasse: HR manager to be sent on administrative leave — NWU