Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Consulate General of St. Lucia in Miami, Children of Helen Alliance Inc, the St. Lucian Friendly Society Inc and the St. Lucia Association of South Florida Inc, invite children of St. Lucia (birth or heritage) to participate in an essay competition on “National Pride.”
Saint Lucia gained Independence from Great Britain 36 years ago. To celebrate this momentous occasion, St. Lucians both at home and abroad will partake in numerous events that bolster national pride.
Here in South Florida, in addition to our culmination Gala on Feb 21st, and Church Service on Feb 22nd, we will have National Pride themed activities on Facebook, a Saint Lucian Film/Theatre Night and a literary competition.
We invite our young St. Lucians to write a short essay on, why I am proud to be St. Lucian or of St. Lucian heritage?
The Rules & Criteria
· Participants must be St. Lucian either by birth or heritage
· Must reside in Florida or St. Lucia
· Must be between 5 and 15 years old.
Ages will be divided into three categories:
· 5-7 years old
· 8-11 years old
· 12-15 year old
One winner will be selected from each category for a reward of US$100.
Essay Length Requirements:
· 5-7 year olds your essay should be 100 words
· 8-11 years olds your essay should be 200 words
· 12-15 year olds your essay should be 300 words.
· Essays must be typewritten in Times New Roman 12 font and double spaced
Submission: Online at www.chipbinc.com
Type essay or paste completed essay into the box below the question and hit the send button.
· Essays must be submitted by Saturday, February 14th, 2015
· Winners will be notified by Friday, February 20th, 2015
Please visit our website at: www.chipbinc.com and fill out the essay application form. Do not forget to type or paste your essay in the box below the essay question and hit the send button when done.
We wish you all a Happy Independence and Good Luck!
More Culture/History Stories
- Saint Lucia government to grow new ‘orange economy’ November 7, 2019
- Folk Research Centre gets assistance October 27, 2019
- Prize-giving ceremony for Kwéyòl Poetry Competition on today October 10, 2019
- Saint Lucia participates in Taiwan National Day celebrations October 9, 2019
- Felix: “We will have Jounen Kweyol, Choiseul style” October 7, 2019
- Saint Lucian delegation participates in Taiwan festivals October 2, 2019
- Creole Heritage Month activities officially underway September 29, 2019
- ‘Archives on Parade’ exhibition in May 2019 May 2, 2019