Share This On:
(SNO) – Two-time national under-19 champion and Saint Lucia national under-19 opening batsman Jard Goodman is beginning studies at the University of the West Indies (Cave Hill) in Barbados as of this month. The son of Glynn and Lucy Goodman, the prolific young cricketer will be going for a bachelor’s degree in Management Studies.
A graduate of St. Mary’s College and Sir Arthur Lewis Community College, Goodman has been among the leading run scorers in Windward Islands competition at the Under-15 and Under-19 level, but has yet to be called to a Windwards representative team. Domestically, he has recorded individual and team success.
In recent years, Goodman has had a high score of 121 not out, one of his six triple-figure scores, to go with a half century of half centuries. The tall, powerful right-hander was also the leading scorer for champions Saint Lucia in the 2018 Windward Islands Cricket Tournament with 137 runs, having been a member of the 2017 title team as well.
He has also been an invaluable member of the Gros Islet Under-19 Championship Cricket Team twice in three years. At Cave Hill, it is anticipated that Goodman will extend what has been a promising career to date, playing with the university team, known as the Blackbirds.
Of late, other Saint Lucian cricketers at UWI Cave Hill have included national women’s captain Yasmine St. Ange and Windward Islands orthodox spinner, Larry Edward, the latter of whom is currently completing his degree in Banking & Finance. The Blackbirds play in the Barbados Cricket Association’s Elite Division.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM