Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – On Wednesday, April 16, 2014, Head Coach Jamie Peterkin and Team Manager Yasmine Griffith met with Minister of Youth and Sports Sean Edwards at his office to present the national team to represent Saint Lucia at the annual CARIFTA games.
This meet, which will be hosted in Aruba, runs from April 21-27, and attracts over 16 national teams from the Caribbean.
“This year’s team is a predominantly young team in reference to age and experience. However, they are hungry and focused to accomplish their goals at CARIFTA. It will be very interesting to see who qualifies for finals but as always, we will cheer loud and proud, swim fast, and have some good old-fashioned fun just hanging out with old friends and new acquaintances. Kaizen! – continuous improvement,” Peterkin said.
The CARIFTA team’s final practice session is on Saturday, April 19 before they leave for Aruba on Sunday, April 20.
The national swim team consists of: Anthony Francois, Jyasi Daniel, Christopher Phillip, Terrell Monplaisir, Jayhan Odlum-Smith, Ethan Dyke-Elliott, Eden Crick, Thalia Bergasse, Bailey Speigelberg and Katelin Samuel.
More Sports Stories
- Saint Lucian basketballer goes pro October 18, 2019
- Sea Jays emerge victorius at Capri-Sun Short Course Nationals October 18, 2019
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019
- El Salvador beat Saint Lucia in Concacaf Nations League action October 15, 2019
- SLHTA to welcome home Saint Lucia’s gold medallist Levern Spencer October 14, 2019
- BREAKING NEWS: Phil Simmons appointed West Indies head coach October 14, 2019
- 3 Saint Lucians vying for places with Super50 champs October 14, 2019
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier named Male Athlete of the Week in US October 14, 2019