Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – On Wednesday, April 16, 2014, Head Coach Jamie Peterkin and Team Manager Yasmine Griffith met with Minister of Youth and Sports Sean Edwards at his office to present the national team to represent Saint Lucia at the annual CARIFTA games.
This meet, which will be hosted in Aruba, runs from April 21-27, and attracts over 16 national teams from the Caribbean.
“This year’s team is a predominantly young team in reference to age and experience. However, they are hungry and focused to accomplish their goals at CARIFTA. It will be very interesting to see who qualifies for finals but as always, we will cheer loud and proud, swim fast, and have some good old-fashioned fun just hanging out with old friends and new acquaintances. Kaizen! – continuous improvement,” Peterkin said.
The CARIFTA team’s final practice session is on Saturday, April 19 before they leave for Aruba on Sunday, April 20.
The national swim team consists of: Anthony Francois, Jyasi Daniel, Christopher Phillip, Terrell Monplaisir, Jayhan Odlum-Smith, Ethan Dyke-Elliott, Eden Crick, Thalia Bergasse, Bailey Speigelberg and Katelin Samuel.
- After Sammy’s call, Cricket West Indies backs protests over George Floyd’s killing
- West Indies name Test squad for proposed tour of England
- Saint Lucia cricket fans may not see SPL action “anytime before September”
- Daren Sammy and Chris Gayle speak out against racism
- West Indies, England Test schedule confirmed
- CPL submits proposal to stage tournament in Trinidad
- Floyd Mayweather offers to pay for George Floyd funeral costs
- ‘Eager anticipation’ for St Lucia T10 cricket tournament later this month: Henry
- Saint Lucia’s Julien Alfred earns three All-America Honors