Share This On:
Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Economic Affairs, Planning and Social Security Dr. Kenny D. Anthony has begun preparations for the 2014/2015 Budget.
As was done over the last two years, the prime minister has already started to meet with both public and private sector groups and representatives, to have discussions on the state of the economy and to exchange ideas on the policy directions for the new financial year.
Earlier this year, Prime Minister Anthony participated in a retreat on the economy, with representatives of the Saint Lucia Chamber of Commerce, the Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association, the Saint Lucia Trade Union Federation, among others.
Views were exchanged on how to contain and reduce St Lucia’s debt, the overriding need to reduce the fiscal deficit and possible new economic initiatives for Saint Lucia.
This week, the prime minister will meet with all permanent secretaries, and heads of key public sector organizations to discuss budgetary parameters for the 2014/2015 financial year.
The date for the 2014/2015 debate on the Estimates of Revenue and Expenditure will be announced in the next few weeks.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Notice: SLASPA extended operating hours December 6, 2019
- ICAO – International Civil Aviation Day statement December 6, 2019
- Alvina Reynolds launches her first book December 5, 2019
- Closure of CSA Secretariat December 5, 2019
- Entrepreneurs well pleased about ISL’s southern meet-up December 5, 2019