Share This On:
Shawn Joseph, the man who was fatally shot in Bagatelle, Castries on Friday, May 24, was allegedly a gunman ‘back in the days’ but he had changed his life for the better, reliable police sources have informed St. Lucia News Online.
Joseph, who is originally from Conway, Castries but resided at Ti Rocher, was part of a Conway crew back in the 1990s, according to our sources.
His nickname was ‘Black Cat’ or ‘Cat’.
“He used to be a bad boy in the 90’s then he changed his life around, cut his locks, but for the last 10 years I personally haven’t heard about him being involved in any criminal activity,” one of the law enforcement sources said, adding that Joseph settled down and started a family.
“He was operating the canteen at the Marigot Secondary School and a bar at Ti Rocher along with his wife,” the source added.
According to reports, Joseph was driving his motorcycle through Bagatelle, around 3 p.m., when multiple shots were fired at him by unknown person/s.
A resident told St. Lucia News Online that Joseph “ditched his bike” and ran into a yard where he collapsed. He was transported by ambulance to Victoria Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
He was believed to be in his 40s.
St. Lucia News Online understands that back in the 1990’s Joseph was a suspect in the fatal shooting of a female, but he was released due to lack of evidence. It is alleged that the fatal shooting may have been accidental.
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM
- Community consultation to mark commencement of Fond Mange` Road Reconstruction Project February 24, 2020 1:27 PM
- Fuel price adjustments February 24, 2020 8:59 AM
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM