Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – On Easter Monday April 17, 2017, the Parliamentary Representative for Castries North Honorable Stephenson King joined residents from the community of Agard in Morn Du Don, to officially launch a multi-million dollar project to develop a multipurpose facility for Agard.
The Agard Community Multi-purpose Facility Project will give residents access to modern sporting and recreational amenities including, a concrete court, playing field, a Human Resource Development Center (HRDC) equipped with computers and other supplies, a mini park and a daycare.
The Castries North MP told a large gathering of residents at the launch that he is committed to delivering to them a well equipped state of the art facility.
Mr King said the people of Agard deserve this project which had been abandoned by the last Administration. He added that he was pleased to have this project back on the front burner for the benefit of the many residents who call Agard home.
The Agard Community Multi-purpose Facility Project is supported by the Saint Lucia Electricity Services Limited (LUCELEC) . The company has pledged its commitment to sponsor and install poles and the required lighting fixtures once the final architectural designs are complete. This will give residents access to the facility day and night.
In keeping with a promise to afford Agard residents the best amenities, the Castries North MP has contracted the services of the Crafton Brothers for the grassing phase of the Agard Community Multi-Purpose Project. Alton and Kent Crafton are considered among the best Curators in the world.
They are responsible for grass works done at the Darren Sammy Cricket Grounds (DSCG) and other stadiums around the Caribbean. The team has promised that upon completion of their works which begin this week, Agard will have a surface that replicates the DSCG.
The construction of the Human Resource Development Center is expected to commence before the end of 2017. The entire project will project employed for many skilled workers in and around the Agard community.
The historic project launch was met with tremendous excitement and pleasure from the hundreds of residents in attendance. The residents are generally pleased to see the end of the neglect suffered under the last Administration.
- Mayor Francis commends emergency personnel for heroic response to Thursday’s city fire November 22, 2019 1:12 PM
- Minister discusses health financing at Global Fund meeting November 22, 2019 1:05 PM
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM