Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Energy alerts the motoring public that the Northbound Lanes between the Friendship Inn and the Choc Roundabouts will be closed from 7:30PM today Monday December 9, 2019.
The Southbound Dual Lanes will be converted into two-way traffic, which means that one lane will accommodate southbound traffic while the other lane will accommodate northbound traffic.
Both lanes will resume to operate as normal from 6am.
These diversions are necessary for the successful completion of the Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project.
On Monday evening, the Contractor, CO Williams, is scheduled to finish base works to allow for complete laying of the first layer of asphalt on Tuesday night. Crews will be focused on asphalt reinforcement on Wednesday and Thursday evening, in preparation of laying of the final layers of asphalt this coming weekend.
As such motorists are advised that because of the overnight works there will be traffic congestion and delays of up to thirty (30) minutes on the northbound carriageway during the day.Motorists heading north from Castries are encouraged to prepare for delays or use alternative routes along the “Back Roads”, ie; Morne Du Don to Balata and La Panse to Carielle through to Union etc.
The Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Energy apolegises for the delays and thanks the public for their patience and understanding.
- Alleged non-payment of salaries to NHC staff being investigated January 27, 2020 3:15 PM
- Prime Minister talks improvements in education January 27, 2020 9:37 AM
- Castries Mayor meets LGBTQ representatives January 27, 2020 9:17 AM
- Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash January 26, 2020 6:04 PM
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM