Share This On:
(FOX NEWS) – A Texas mother has been arrested for allegedly selling her young children.
Esmeralda Garza, 29, was arrested by Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) officials on Friday after she allegedly sold her 7-year-old boy to two men, KRIS-TV reported. Garza was also in the process of selling two other children – a 2-year-old girl and a 3-year-old girl – as well, officials said.
The arrest occurred after DPS officers executed a drug search warrant, according to KIII-TV.
Garza, of Corpus Christi, was charged with the sale or purchase of a child, which is a third-degree felony. She is being held on a $100,000 bond at the Nueces County Jail, KRIS reported.
An additional male and female were also arrested in the raid, although it is unclear if they were involved in the alleged drug activity or the sale of children.
Police expect to file additional charges, KRIS reported.
More International News Stories
- US: Man, 94, killed wife in failed murder-suicide October 16, 2019
- New York cop kills himself inside his home October 16, 2019
- UK: Video shows students high-fiving after rape drunk woman October 16, 2019
- Newborn girl found buried alive in Indian cemetery October 15, 2019
- Neighbor of Atatiana Jefferson says he’s “devastated” October 15, 2019
- US: 10-y-o girl commits suicide; police suggest she was bullied October 15, 2019