Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The TOCO Foundation has wrapped up its 2nd Free Dental Clinic for 2019, and its third successful dental outreach project in Saint Lucia to date.
The visiting free clinic ran from Saturday, May 18 to Monday, May 20 and operated out of the Gros Islet Community Market. Over the course of three days, 225 clients were accommodated based on their needs, which ranged from cleaning to fillings and extractions.
For its third dental outreach project, TOCO Dental clinic coopted the partnership support of the award-winning dental service The DC Dentist: Washington DC General, Cosmetic, and Holistic Dentistry. The DC Dentist is led by a Saint Lucian, Dr. Terry Victor. Its reputation is backed by the industry award for ‘Best Dentist’ Washington DC for the last five years.
The May 2019 outreach activity marks the second mission to Saint Lucia by The DC Dentist, which partnered to inaugurate TOCO’s Free Dental outreach programme in 2018. Held in the town of Soufriere, the first clinic registered 225 clients. In January 2019, the New Mexico and West Texas-based Montana Dental Clinic came on as an outreach partner. Three hundred and fifty-seven persons from Micoud and environs took advantage of the service which targeted that east coast community.
The May 2019 TOCO Dental clinic received on-the-ground support from the Offices of the Cabinet Secretary and the Mayor of Castries, Mrs. Hazel Mendez (for additional accommodation) and longstanding partner Helen Television System. It is the second of its kind; the first was hosted in Soufriere in May 2018.
TOCO’s remaining outreach activities for 2019 includes the Spay/Neuter Clinic in October and the annual community holiday Christmas parties in December. Locations and dates for these activities will be disclosed later this year.
More Health Stories
- Funding for OECS Regional Health Project December 4, 2019
- Legislation governing employment at new hospital discussed December 4, 2019
- Update on reopening and closure of wellness centres December 3, 2019
- World AIDS Day community outreach activities December 3, 2019
- Message from the President of NCPD December 3, 2019
- Consultancy for the Owen King EU Hospital December 2, 2019
- World AIDS Day community outreach activities November 29, 2019
- Eating banana skin can help with ‘better sleep and weight loss’ November 28, 2019