Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – A mother was arrested after she allegedly placed a bag over her 3-year-old son’s head and bound him inside a bedroom of their California home that caught fire Sunday, police said.
Maricela Magana Ruiz, 47, was also found tied to a bed in a separate room when firefighters responded for a fire in the living room of her Santa Paula home about 6:10 p.m., according to the Santa Paula Police Department.
Both Ruiz and her son were rescued and taken to Santa Paula Hospital for smoke inhalation.
Investigators later interviewed Ruiz and learned of her alleged actions.
The mother’s motive is still unknown and investigators are still trying to determine if she set the fire intentionally.
She was charged with child endangerment and released on $50,000 bail.
Her son was placed in the custody of Child Protective Services, who will determine a permanent placement, according to the Ventura County Star.
More International News Stories
- Nigeria is trying 47 men arrested in a hotel under its anti-gay laws December 12, 2019
- Santa hacker speaks to girl via smart camera December 12, 2019
- Chile missing plane: Human remains found, governor says December 12, 2019
- Saudi Aramco replaces Apple as world’s largest listed company December 12, 2019
- Chicago prosecutor to vacate 1,000 marijuana convictions December 12, 2019
- Sex criminal sentenced to life throws pitcher, hits judge in head December 12, 2019
- Pakistan protest: Patients die as lawyers ransack Lahore hospital December 12, 2019
- General election 2019: Voters head to polls across the UK December 12, 2019