Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Nelma Gonzague, from the community of Ti Rocher, was crowned Micoud Carnival Queen on Saturday 21st July 2018. Tunisha President and Kershana Ramine were first and second runners-up respectively.
Segment winners were:
Kershana Ramine: Miss Congeniality
Tunisha President: Best Talent and Best in Costume
Nelma Gonzague: Best Interview, Best Eveningwear and Best Swimwear
Public Relations Officer, Mr. Malan Leonce, praised the organising committee for putting on a great show.
According to Mr. Leonce: “The show met and exceeded the expectation of the audience. The quality was of a high standard”.
The event was held under the theme: ANNOU ALE` OUR JOURNEY CONTINUES. It’s the third pageant organized by the committee as a means of building on local culture, artistic expressions; and to encourage Micoud’s own unique talent to promote community development.
Once started, the organizers ensured that the Miss Micoud Carnival Queen Pageant flowed smoothly and need efficient use of time.
Judging from the full-to-capacity attendance, the committee organising believes it was able to meet its objective:
– Offer a new and improved experience of carnival to the people of Micoud and its environs.
– Provide the platform for new and accomplished artistes to showcase their talents
– Create activities which will enhance the development of the youth of the community
– Provide technical assistance to the artistes and participants of the various shows through workshops, rehearsals, among others.
– Market and promote various carnival activities
In the audience were the parliamentary representative for Micoud North, Hon. Dr. Gale Rigobert, representative of sponsors; Bounty Rum, All Steel Roofing, Tropical Solar, Climax and Brice & Company.
More Entertainment Stories
- Teddyson John and the TJ Project start it for Kes Tuesday on the Rocks February 17, 2020
- Machel marries today February 14, 2020
- Saveion selected to write official Independence 41 theme song February 13, 2020
- Saint Lucian goes to calypso finals in Dominica February 11, 2020
- OECS Music Talk held in Montserrat February 11, 2020
- Shem Meluce to launch new album in April February 7, 2020
- Nothing but a rumour – Kartel’s lawyer says no verdict received yet February 6, 2020
- Calypso Legacy Independence edition back again January 31, 2020