Share This On:
(AP) – A Missouri man who started his own religious ministry has been charged with illegally circumcising two teenagers.
The Springfield News-Leader reports that 47-year-old Curtis Abbott, of Nixa, has pleaded not guilty to two counts of child endangerment and one count of unauthorized practice of medicine or surgery. Abbott sent a statement to the News-Leader calling the allegations “false.”
A hearing is scheduled for next week.
Many details of the case, including a motive, haven’t been made public because the case was handled by a grand jury.
Abbott founded an organization called “Restore Bible Culture.” Court filings in his divorce finalized this summer say he said he has had “multiple prophetic communications.”
Abbott admitted his ministry had “several false starts in years past.”
More International News Stories
- France launches bedbug hotline in campaign to stamp out the itchy menace February 21, 2020
- Two killed, 70 injured in horrific 200-car pileup near Montreal February 21, 2020
- Over 500 cases of coronavirus reported in Chinese prisons February 21, 2020
- Ukrainians hurl stones at evacuees from China February 21, 2020
- India builds wall along slum ahead of Trump visit February 20, 2020
- Texas-based company has reportedly created a coronavirus vaccine February 20, 2020
- Over 5,000 new cases of coronavirus confirmed in single day in China February 14, 2020