Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Minister for Infrastructure, Ports, Energy and Labour Stephenson King has informed the National Workers Union (NWU) that he is making the necessary preparations to meet with the National Workers Union (NWU) and the management of Secure St. Lucia Limited and G4S Secure Solutions Limited.
Conciliatory meetings with both companies on the question of a reasonable wage increase for the workers have not resolved the matter.
In keeping with industrial agreements between the NWU and the said companies, unresolved disputes at labour commissioner level must be referred to mediation.
The minister will meet the parties together to bring closure to the long-drawn-out process.
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM