Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Minister for Infrastructure, Ports, Energy and Labour Stephenson King has informed the National Workers Union (NWU) that he is making the necessary preparations to meet with the National Workers Union (NWU) and the management of Secure St. Lucia Limited and G4S Secure Solutions Limited.
Conciliatory meetings with both companies on the question of a reasonable wage increase for the workers have not resolved the matter.
In keeping with industrial agreements between the NWU and the said companies, unresolved disputes at labour commissioner level must be referred to mediation.
The minister will meet the parties together to bring closure to the long-drawn-out process.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM