Share This On:
(GIS) — In commemoration of International Women’s Day, the Ministry of Tourism, Information and Broadcasting, Culture and Creative Industries hosted a retreat.
The retreat, held under the theme “To Be Female Or To Be Woman,” highlighted the issues faced by women and the importance of the role women play in society.
Minister with responsibility for Culture and Creative Industries, Sen. Hon Fortuna Belrose stressed on the importance of these team-building exercises in achieving success and encouraged all women to find their passion.
“If you can find your passion, and develop yourself around the passion that you have, it means a lot for your country. The key to finding our passion is to do what we enjoy, and to respect each other as we go about our daily lives,” Belrose said.
The day of activities included discussions, massages, and beauty treatments.
The International Women’s Day Retreat took place on March 6 at the Pink Plantation.
- Saint Lucia public urged to be vigilant as hurricane season officially begins
- Coronavirus: Mass crowd events in Saint Lucia cancelled
- Women-Producers Expo held in Micoud
- New library opens at Forestierre Combined
- Improvements in waste management
- Coronavirus: Saint Lucia opens respiratory clinics
- Government urges the public to buy local
- IMO discusses critical issues facing the Caribbean
- Sea port personnel attend emergency meeting