Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Minister for Home Affairs, Justice and National Security Honourable Hermangild Francis has expressed profound concern regarding the promotion of lewd behavior and explicit content in advertisements for social events.
This expression of concern also comes against the back- drop of a promotional video which appears to involve the promotion of an event for college students dubbed “Tsunami Lawn Party” which has been heavily circulated on social media.
The Minister says it is particularly disturbing that this crude video seems to feature students of the Sir Arthur Lewis Community College.
“This type of conduct is extremely concerning and one that needs to be denounced by all key sectors. These young people are seen as the future leaders of the country. I know that the community regards them highly as very intelligent, talented, young people with bright futures ahead of them; so you can imagine the disappointment to see this type of material is being promoted by some of the students”.
Minister Francis says the promotion of lewd behavior will not be tolerated. “There is legislation to address this. There are also requirements to be met as regards the holding of Mass Crowd Events and the Police handle that aspect. However, I do know that the senior police officers who are charged with granting approvals for such events are very insistent that certain standards are met.”
Minister Francis indicated that he would also engage the Minister for Education Honourable Dr. Gale Rigobert in dialogue on this development.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM