Share This On:
(SNO) – A 41-year-old driver is lucky to be alive after his minibus overturned in Anse La Verdue on Monday afternoon, according to emergency officials.
Anse La Verdue is located in the Anse La Raye area.
The driver, who sustained serious injuries to his arm, was transported to hospital by ambulance in stable condition.
A passenger sustained minor injuries.
The incident occurred around 3 p.m.
Anse La Verdue is known to have many accidents, particularly vehicles going turtle.
In January 2017, a vehicle overturned, injuring a woman who was in the front passenger seat.
The vehicle, which was on its way to Soufriere, also had on board a female driver and a child, estimated to be about four years old, in the back seat.
They escaped serious injuries.
Tourists, who were close to the scene of the accident, assisted the victims until emergency officials arrived.
The incident, like the minibus one, occurred about 3 p.m.
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM
- Uncertainty as civil unrest continues in Dominica December 4, 2019 9:56 AM
- Police fire live ammunition, tear gas in Dominica protest (See video) December 3, 2019 4:16 PM
- Saint Lucian sculptor Jallim Eudovic to receive major Caribbean Award December 3, 2019 2:16 PM
- Botham Jean’s brother receives police award December 3, 2019 1:45 PM