Share This On:
(SKY NEWS) – The alleged boss of a notorious Mexican drug gang has been arrested despite having hair implants and weight loss surgery to evade capture.
“El Betito” – the suspected head of Mexico City’s Tepito Union gang – was detained in the south west of the sprawling city, said national security commissioner Renato Sales.
He had lost about 4st 10lbs (30kg) through gastric band surgery to reduce the size of his stomach.
Police photos show the 37-year-old looking considerably more slimline, bearded, and with a fuller head of hair.
Local media reported his real name as Roberto Moyado Esparza.
He was arrested in the Rincón del Pedregal neighborhood carrying $10,000 (£7,825), drugs and a handgun.
His brother, who was apparently guarding him, was also detained.
He is accused of being the boss of the most notorious drug gang in the Mexican capital and is being investigated over various murders.
The Tepito Union gang is said to be involved in drugs, kidnappings, extortion and weapons, and takes its name from Mexico City’s gritty Tepito neighbourhood.
More International News Stories
- Thai woman bitten by snake while sitting on toilet January 17, 2020
- Deaf man from Brooklyn sues Pornhub over lack of closed captioning January 17, 2020
- Missing Polish farmer believed to have been eaten by his own pigs January 17, 2020
- US woman charged with leaving 6 kids with dead man January 17, 2020
- Ukrainian prime minister submits resignation after tapes January 17, 2020
- JetBlue Airways is raising checked-bag fees again January 16, 2020