Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – I am happy for the sake of our country that Saint Lucia has been taken off the blacklist and put on the grey list by the EU.
The Opposition has always maintained that we want Saint Lucia to do well but we are against poor governance and bad policy.
I maintain that Saint Lucia could have avoided the indignity of being on the blacklist for such a long time.
If the government had heeded to the calls of the Opposition for immediate action, this could have been avoided.
Being on the grey list means that the country still has issues with the EU Anti-Tax Avoidance Standards but has committed to changes.
I urge the Minister of Finance to take all necessary steps to ensure that Saint Lucia enters into immediate dialogue with the EU to avoid further embarrassment.
It is my hope that the government has learnt its lesson and that the Opposition is not to be ignored or victimized.
More Politics Stories
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020
- Mary Isaac under fire for statements made on death of former councilman February 11, 2020
- Mayor to Cannabis Movement: “I am on board!” February 10, 2020
- SLP calls for results of gov’t investigations February 6, 2020
- SLP salutes Neville Skeete – An amazing human being February 6, 2020
- Vieux Fort South MP gives WASCO the cold shoulder January 30, 2020