Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – As Political Leader of the Saint Lucia Labour Party, I join the Saint Lucia Labour Party Women’s Organization (SLPWO) in wishing all the women and girls of Saint Lucia a Happy International Women’s Day.
As we reflect on the role of women in our society we are grateful of their contribution to the sustainability and well-being of our country.
We must note however that this year some notable women have been exited from official roles where they could best serve as mentors and examples to our country. We note the contribution of Dame Pearlette Louisy and salute her example and dignity while she served as Governor General.
We salute the bravery and tenacity of all the women in Saint Lucia particularly those who serve as advocates for equality and justice.
We remember all women particularly housewives, single mothers, farmers, vendors, domestic workers, janitors and professionals who labour to maintain themselves and family in these trying times.
To the women of my constituency Castries East, I thank you and wish you a Happy International Women’s Day.
Happy International Women’s Day to All from me, executive and members of the Saint Lucia Labour Party.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Justin Trudeau and Allen Chastanet discuss COVID-19
- SLP calls for collaboration to reverse ECCAA downgrade
- UWP commends Saint Lucia government for delivering
- Labour Day address to the nation by Hon Stephenson King
- May Day address by Leader of the Opposition’s Hon Philip J. Pierre
- Sitting of the House of Assembly scheduled for Wednesday
- New challenges: New opportunities to continue to build a stronger Saint Lucia together
- Fifth Session of the Eleventh Parliament, a Standing Finance Committee meeting and a Sitting of the House of Assembly