Share This On:
Saint Lucia was slaughtered 52-13 on Friday afternoon by Trinidad and Tobago Club Elbasan in the opening matches of the Male Regional Netball Championship sin Grenada.
In another game, St. Vincent and the Grenadines defeated Tobago 58-37.
The event is being hosted by the Grenada Netball Association at the Tanteen Stadium in Grenada — from Sept. 20-24.
The teams participating in the event are Antigua, Grenada and an added local team, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, and Trinidad and Tobago.
Representing Saint Lucia are Darrion Roberts, Jerry Charles, Durocher Antoine, Rydell Baptiste, Afernee Berbettoe Ferdinand, Neighman Leroy Lascaris, Augustin Faulkner, and Miguel Clairmont. Accompanying the team are Shem Maxwell (coach), Sanya Antoine (manager), and Wayne Bentie (umpire).
Saint Lucia is scheduled to play several matches this weekend.
- ‘Eager anticipation’ for St Lucia T10 cricket tournament later this month: Henry
- Saint Lucia’s Julien Alfred earns three All-America Honors
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30
- Tropical Depression 3 forms in the Gulf on first day of Atlantic hurricane season
- China and Iran criticise US over its racism problems
- Digicel’s debt “unsustainable”
- Saint Lucia public urged to be vigilant as hurricane season officially begins
- Saint Lucia to re-open school for Grade 6 and Form 5 students on June 3
- FirstCaribbean hit by 316 per cent decrease in net income