Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Please join The Saint Lucia Medical and Dental Association in extending hearty congratulations to our very own, Dr. George Martin Christopher Didier who was recognized for his distinguished and outstanding service in the health sector.
Dr. Didier received the “Order of St Lucia Cross” during the National Independence Award 2015 in commemoration of this year’s independence celebrations.
The Order of Saint Lucia is an order of chivalry established in 1986 by Queen Elizabeth II.
Commonly referred to as the Independence Anniversary Awards, the insignia of the Order are conferred on 22 February to citizens of Saint Lucia and other persons for achievement, acts of bravery or meritorious service.
The Saint Lucia Cross is the second highest award which can be conferred.
Dr. Didier specializes in the field of Internal Medicine and was first recognized by the Saint Lucia Medical & Dental Association as the “Outstanding Physician” at the Association’s annual awards ceremony in 2006.
It certainly gives us great pride to see this prestigious honour awarded to one of our most committed and long-serving members of the medical fraternity. We wish Dr Didier and his family well.
More Health Stories
- OECS Ministers of Health Meeting December 10, 2019
- Disruption of services at Canaries Wellness Centre December 9, 2019
- Cellma training at OKEU December 9, 2019
- Funding for OECS Regional Health Project December 4, 2019
- Legislation governing employment at new hospital discussed December 4, 2019
- Update on reopening and closure of wellness centres December 3, 2019
- World AIDS Day community outreach activities December 3, 2019
- Message from the President of NCPD December 3, 2019