Share This On:
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Feb 16, CMC – Rookie West Indies left-arm seamer, Obed McCoy, has been included in a UWI Vice-Chancellor XI to face England in a 50-overs tour match at the 3W’s Oval on Sunday.
The 22-year-old McCoy made his international debut when he featured in two One-Day Internationals on the tour of India last October, finishing the series with four wickets.
However, he was overlooked for the subsequent tour of Bangladesh.
McCoy is joined by all-rounder Kavem Hodge, Young Windies batsmen, Keagan Simmons and Alick Athanaze, along with the Ottley brothers, Kjorn and Yannic.
Kyle Corbin will skipper the side.
The tour match is the only one for England before they take on West Indies in the opening ODI of the five-match series at Kensington Oval on Wednesday.
England will clash with the Windies in the second ODI on Friday, in the second match of the doubleheader.
SQUAD – Kyle Corbin (captain), Akeem Jordan, Kavem Hodge, Alick Athanaze, Keagan Simmons, Obed McCoy, Nicholas Kirton, Chemar Holder, Ojay Shields, Kjorn Ottley, Yannick Ottley, Amir Jangoo, Keron Cottoy.
- After Sammy’s call, Cricket West Indies backs protests over George Floyd’s killing
- West Indies name Test squad for proposed tour of England
- Saint Lucia cricket fans may not see SPL action “anytime before September”
- Daren Sammy and Chris Gayle speak out against racism
- West Indies, England Test schedule confirmed
- CPL submits proposal to stage tournament in Trinidad
- Floyd Mayweather offers to pay for George Floyd funeral costs
- ‘Eager anticipation’ for St Lucia T10 cricket tournament later this month: Henry
- Saint Lucia’s Julien Alfred earns three All-America Honors