Share This On:
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Feb 16, CMC – Rookie West Indies left-arm seamer, Obed McCoy, has been included in a UWI Vice-Chancellor XI to face England in a 50-overs tour match at the 3W’s Oval on Sunday.
The 22-year-old McCoy made his international debut when he featured in two One-Day Internationals on the tour of India last October, finishing the series with four wickets.
However, he was overlooked for the subsequent tour of Bangladesh.
McCoy is joined by all-rounder Kavem Hodge, Young Windies batsmen, Keagan Simmons and Alick Athanaze, along with the Ottley brothers, Kjorn and Yannic.
Kyle Corbin will skipper the side.
The tour match is the only one for England before they take on West Indies in the opening ODI of the five-match series at Kensington Oval on Wednesday.
England will clash with the Windies in the second ODI on Friday, in the second match of the doubleheader.
SQUAD – Kyle Corbin (captain), Akeem Jordan, Kavem Hodge, Alick Athanaze, Keagan Simmons, Obed McCoy, Nicholas Kirton, Chemar Holder, Ojay Shields, Kjorn Ottley, Yannick Ottley, Amir Jangoo, Keron Cottoy.
More Sports Stories
- West Indies fined for slow over-rate in Sri Lanka ODI defeat February 24, 2020
- A small team making a gigantic splash at the Uana Swimming Cup February 24, 2020
- Update on National Independence Tennis Tournament February 21, 2020
- Digicel SPLT2020 SPL4 fixtures February 21, 2020
- WIPA extends sympathies and best wishes to Oshane Thomas February 19, 2020
- Call for Congress of the Sports and Combat Sambo Federation Saint Lucia February 13, 2020
- National Independence Tennis Tournament 2020 February 11, 2020
- Digicel SPLT2020 draft February 11, 2020