Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Mayor Peterson D. Francis is very excited about the developmental prospects for Castries as well as the changes coming to the city.
This, after an MOU was signed which will see Carnival Corporation, Royal Caribbean and the government of Saint Lucia establishing a long-term concession agreement to formalize the terms and responsibilities for a joint venture to manage and operate the current cruise pier and terminal facilities at the Port of Castries.
The MOU was signed during a ceremony on October 21 in San Juan, Puerto Rico at the FCCA Cruise Conference.
Speaking about the ground-breaking achievement by Prime Minister Allen Chastanet, Mayor Francis said the development highlights the commitment of the government to the visitors and residents of Castries and the people of Saint Lucia.
“This is great for the city,” said Mayor Francis. “It is a very exciting time for us, and both residents of Castries and citizens of Saint Lucia should be excited as well. This development will be a wonderful complement to the Castries Vision 2030 which will see a complete transformation of the city of Castries.
“Currently, the first phase of the Market Redevelopment Project which is part of the vision plan is nearing completion. Other enhancement projects in the pipeline will include a sidewalk rehabilitation project, the upgrading of George V Park and the Derek Walcott Square and the pedestrianization of the William Peter Boulevard to name a few.”
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM