Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Mayor Peterson D. Francis is very excited about the developmental prospects for Castries as well as the changes coming to the city.
This, after an MOU was signed which will see Carnival Corporation, Royal Caribbean and the government of Saint Lucia establishing a long-term concession agreement to formalize the terms and responsibilities for a joint venture to manage and operate the current cruise pier and terminal facilities at the Port of Castries.
The MOU was signed during a ceremony on October 21 in San Juan, Puerto Rico at the FCCA Cruise Conference.
Speaking about the ground-breaking achievement by Prime Minister Allen Chastanet, Mayor Francis said the development highlights the commitment of the government to the visitors and residents of Castries and the people of Saint Lucia.
“This is great for the city,” said Mayor Francis. “It is a very exciting time for us, and both residents of Castries and citizens of Saint Lucia should be excited as well. This development will be a wonderful complement to the Castries Vision 2030 which will see a complete transformation of the city of Castries.
“Currently, the first phase of the Market Redevelopment Project which is part of the vision plan is nearing completion. Other enhancement projects in the pipeline will include a sidewalk rehabilitation project, the upgrading of George V Park and the Derek Walcott Square and the pedestrianization of the William Peter Boulevard to name a few.”
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM