Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Mayor of Castries, His Worship Peterson D. Francis is saddened by the fire which gutted the Adjodha Building on Thursday afternoon.
Speaking to the devastation, Mayor Francis described the incident as a huge setback to business in the city.
“We watched helplessly as the building burned. Sadly, this is a huge setback for many. The business owners, the employees, families who depended on their loved ones to make ends meet. I wish to sympathize with all affected by yesterday’s fire. Be thankful that there was no loss of life. One young lady only started a job yesterday when the incident took place. This situation is one we should never celebrate and I condemn the persons who were rejoicing over it. How can a Government be responsible for a fire? How can statements made during the blaze be so unconscionable and irresponsible? We must go back to being a loving society where we care and value each other, said Mayor Francis.”
In addition, the City Mayor applauded the hardworking fire fighters, the Royal St. Lucia Police Force and the City Police for their patriotic efforts in containing the blaze and preventing further destruction.
“Special thanks to the Fire Fighters, you did well and worked tirelessly with the limited resources we have. It could have been worse. Your unwavering efforts paid off, not just because you contained the blaze, but you prevented a reoccurrence of the 1948 fire. The details of the fire remain unknown and I have confidence in the St. Lucia fire Service that a full investigation will be done.”
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM