Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – His Worship Glen Ram, Mayor of the Mayaro/Rio Claro Regional District in Trinidad and Tobago, has concluded a visit to Saint Lucia with a commitment to strengthening inter-city linkages between Castries and Mayaro/Rio Claro.
The Trinidad Mayor was here from November 7-10, 2019 to solidify twinning/sister-city discussions as well as areas of mutual cooperation in Local Governance and potential investment opportunities in technology and tourism within the City of Castries.
During his visit, Mayor Glen Ram meet with Councillors of the Castries Constituency Council and Minister for Equity, Social Justice, Local Government and Empowerment, Hon. Lenard Montoute.
“We are expecting closer exchanges and achievements through this meaningful corporation between Mayaro/Rio Claro and Castries very soon,” said Mayor Ram.
Speaking on the visit, Mayor Peterson D. Francis explained that the friendship with the visiting Mayor was developed when both attended the Caribbean Conference of Mayors in Jamaica in 2018.
“It was there that an accord was signed for greater enhancement of our cities. As a result, we have twinned with Kingston, Jamaica and Port Fortin in Trinidad. We are currently in discussions with the other cities and are looking at every avenue in expanding our cooperation. I am very excited about the prospects for growth within Castries, particularly the investment opportunities to come from this visit. Very soon our twinning with Mayaro/Rio Claro will open new doors and chart the way forward.”
More Politics Stories
- PM Chastanent congratulates Taiwanese president on re-election January 13, 2020
- Prime Minister to deliver New Year’s Address this Sunday January 9, 2020
- Ministers attend first Cabinet meeting for 2020 January 7, 2020
- Saint Lucia’s debt worries opposition leader January 6, 2020
- “We must stand in solidarity” says SLP Women’s Organization January 4, 2020
- Former minister proposes “Eye Chart for all politicians in 2020” January 3, 2020