Share This On:
Saint Lucia’s premier schools’ cricket competition is into its Final Four, though with one semifinal already done, that should really be Final Three.
Action in the 2015 Massy United Insurance Under-19 Schools Cricket Tournament resumed at the end of April, with the first semifinal.
In that matchup, Soufriere Comprehensive met Gros Islet Secondary at the Dennery Playing Field.
Gros Islet was dismissed for 94 in 17.1 overs, two young men perhaps better known as footballers – Tev Lawrence and Melvin Doxilly – making 33 and 22, respectively. Leg spinner Romal George bagged five for 14 and seamer, Trevor Edward 4 for 31.
Chasing 95 for victory and a spot into the finals, and with 40 overs at their dispoal, Soufriere Comprehensive needed just 11.3.
Led by left-handed Julian Sylvester’s unbeaten 75 (nine fours, one six) the boys from Sulphur City finished on 97 for 3. Doxilly took two for one in two overs.
Meanwhile, St Mary’s College booked a date with Sir Arthur Lewis Community College after beating Ciceron Secondary by 235 runs. Kevyn Arnold (104 not out), Kester Charlemagne (100) and Jard Goodman (70) helped SMC reach 329 for 3 in 35 overs.
Arnold’s studious, unbeaten knock included 15 fours and a six. Charlemagne’s aggressive innings comprised of an amazing eight sixes and seven boundaries. Goodman stroked 11 fours.
Chasing 330 for victory, Ciceron were bowled out for 94 in 27.3 overs. Charlemagne picked up three wickets for 10 runs, Keeghan Patrick, Rahym Joseph and Simeon Gerson took two wickets apiece.
More Sports Stories
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019
- 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup qualifying draw set for December 11 December 9, 2019
- The Pitons Cup Barrier Draw December 9, 2019
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019
- SPL sets date for 2020 tournament December 6, 2019
- ARC+ first arrival makes landfall in Saint Lucia December 4, 2019
- West Indies name squads for upcoming T20Is and ODIs against India November 28, 2019
- ARC 2019 sets sail November 26, 2019