Share This On:
(St. Lucia News Online) — Two major companies in Saint Lucia have contributed thousands of dollars to the island’s COVID-19 response.
Massy Stores (SLU) Ltd. announced on its official Facebook page on Friday, April 3 that it had “proudly donated” US$100,000 for the purchase of five ventilators. The donation was made through the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS).
Massy also displayed the hashtag, #WeAreAllInThisTogether, along with this brief announcement.
Brice & Company is the other company that also made a significant donation to Saint Lucia’s COVID-19 response: $100,000.
Prime Minister Allen Chastanet thanked Massy and Brice, as well as other companies.
Chastanet said via his official Facebook page that he is “very grateful to the local companies who are assisting in the battle against COVID-19”.
- More St. Lucians return home Saturday
- Two males shot and chopped by gang in Soufriere
- United Workers Party marks fourth year in office: “As they talk, we work” (+video)
- No legs? No problem! – Jamaican Andrew Nelson making light work of life’s challenges
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism