Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia Labour Party refers to the comments made by Senator Mary Isaac on Monday 12 September aired on various media outlets.
In her comments Senator Isaac stated that Hon. Ernest Hilaire Parliamentary Representative for Castries South and all parliamentarians who won their seats automatically get $30,000.
The Saint Lucia Labour Party wishes to make it abundantly clear that this is an untruth, libellous and is intended purely to mislead the public.
No Labour Party Parliamentarian has ever received $30,000 after winning their seats.
The SLP would like to place on record that every elected parliamentarian whether SLP or UWP is allowed to maintain a constituency office and that the office expenses are disbursed by the Clerk of Parliament up to a maximum limit of $30,000 per year.
In this regard, Hon. Isaac should answer what is the source of financing for the office and staff which she maintains at The Morne even if she did not win her seat and is not an elected Parliamentarian.
The Saint Lucia Labour Party once more calls on the UWP to get on with the task of government and stop dividing and misleading the people of Saint Lucia with cheap politics.
More Politics Stories
- Mayaro mayor concludes Saint Lucia visit November 18, 2019
- US, Taiwan delegates visit Saint Lucia November 7, 2019
- UWP “saddened” by shooting of “loyal member” November 4, 2019
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019
- ‘Questionable’ UWP gov’t transactions will be investigated: Pierre October 15, 2019