Share This On:
(CMC) – The police are investigating an incident in which marijuana was discovered in boxes of baby products that were imported into the territory last week.
The police report that the packages entered the country late last week through a well known multi-national courier service.
They say customs officers at the Terrence B Lettsome International Airport received the packages and on inspecting the items, the drug was found.
The marijuana was compressed and hidden in products such as diapers.
No arrests have been made in connection with the find.
More Caribbean Stories
- Jamaica: Pastor’s body abandoned at funeral home October 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Baby falls to floor from woman’s womb October 18, 2019
- Pilot survives plane crash in Guyana October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Man sodomized and murdered 4-year-old stepson October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Ex-soldier found guilty of beheading uncle October 18, 2019
- Guyana imports over $10.9 billion in snacks: minister October 18, 2019
- Woman killed as gunmen storm south coast home in Trinidad October 18, 2019