Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — A Princes Town man was beaten until an eye popped out of its socket during a brawl at a sports day in Rio Claro on Easter Monday.
And police officers who were assigned to the event are being investigated for allegedly not intervening in the fight.
Cyrus Ramadhar, 24, a father of one, of Iere Village, is warded in serious condition at hospital.
When the Express visited Ramadhar at his hospital bed, he was resting.
His wife, Latia Nedd said she was not present when the incident occurred.
Ramadhar wore a patch over his right eye.
According to a police report, Ramadhar was at the Brothers’ Road Recreation Ground when around 11.50 p.m. he got into an altercation with a group of men.
Witnesses told police that the men beat Ramadhar severely on his head and face, so much that his right eye popped out of its socket.
Get caught up with news from the news leader
Subscribe now and get access to the Trinidad Express E-paper
SUBSCRIBE/ LOG IN
The Express was told that police officers were working extra duties but allegedly did not intervene during the attack on Ramadhar.
Ramadhar was taken to the Rio Claro District Health Facility, then to the San Fernando General Hospital.
Pc Meighoo is investigating the incident which led to Ramadhar’s injury.
Senior Supt Belfon is investigating the officers’ alleged lack of intervention into the event.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Police investigate marijuana edibles in schools February 18, 2020
- Trinidad: Cop charged with being gang member, child sex trafficking February 14, 2020
- Trinidad woman riddled with bullets, daughter injured February 14, 2020
- Trinidad: Man, 23, tries to kidnap schoolgirl, 10 February 13, 2020
- Trinidad: 69th murder for the year, in Cocorite February 12, 2020
- Child’s last words to murderous father “I love you” February 12, 2020
- Don’t leave China, T&T nationals told February 12, 2020