Share This On:
(GIS) – The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB), in 2016 launched a training programme directed at capacity building in the areas of Public Policy Analysis and Management (PPAM) and Project Cycle Management (PCM) in both its borrowing member countries and within the bank.
The training is focused on professionals at all levels of the public service—from permanent secretaries to technical officers—involved in policy and project implementation.
In this regard, the Department of Economic Development, Transport, and Civil Aviation in collaboration with the Caribbean Development Bank will be hosting the PPAM and PCM face-to-face training from May 14 to July 2. The training will cover 10 modules over a 26-day period. The face to face training is a follow up from the online PPAM/PCM training which commenced in March 2017.
The objectives of the training are to: strengthen the ability of governments to more effectively manage policies, programs and projects, improve the level of efficiency in the investment process through an improvement in skills and the number of personnel trained in various aspects of project management; and build the capacity of staff within the CDB.
The formal opening is scheduled to take place on Monday, May 14, on the fifth floor of the Finance Administrative Center, from 8 – 9 a.m. This will be immediately followed by a workshop on Public Policy Analysis and Management for Permanent Secretaries, Deputy Permanent Secretaries and Chief Technical Officers.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM