Share This On:
A 20-year-old man who was attacked and stabbed while attending the funeral of motorcycle accident victim Jn Marie Evariste is currently in stable condition, Police Press Officer, Corporal Ann Joseph said this week.
Law enforcement sources have identified the stabbing victim as Suave Walcott.
Joseph said the victim, a resident of La Clery, Castries, sustained stab wounds to his back on Monday, November 4, 2019.
“The injuries were not life-threatening,” Joseph said, adding that the victim “has to undergo surgery”.
According to reports, Joseph was standing near the St. Joseph the Worker Church in Gros Islet when he was attacked by a known individual and stabbed multiple times in the back.
Joseph told reporters at a press briefing on Tuesday that the suspect is known to the police however an arrest has not been made.
Immediately following the stabbing, Gros Islet police carried out a massive operation which resulted in two individuals being arrested for tickets issued, seven dangerous weapons including knives and scissors confiscated, and four vehicles, including two motorcycles, impounded, Joseph said.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff