Share This On:
A 20-year-old man who was attacked and stabbed while attending the funeral of motorcycle accident victim Jn Marie Evariste is currently in stable condition, Police Press Officer, Corporal Ann Joseph said this week.
Law enforcement sources have identified the stabbing victim as Suave Walcott.
Joseph said the victim, a resident of La Clery, Castries, sustained stab wounds to his back on Monday, November 4, 2019.
“The injuries were not life-threatening,” Joseph said, adding that the victim “has to undergo surgery”.
According to reports, Joseph was standing near the St. Joseph the Worker Church in Gros Islet when he was attacked by a known individual and stabbed multiple times in the back.
Joseph told reporters at a press briefing on Tuesday that the suspect is known to the police however an arrest has not been made.
Immediately following the stabbing, Gros Islet police carried out a massive operation which resulted in two individuals being arrested for tickets issued, seven dangerous weapons including knives and scissors confiscated, and four vehicles, including two motorcycles, impounded, Joseph said.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM