Share This On:
A man was injured in a drive-by shooting at his home in Balata, Castries on Sunday evening (November 3), according to reports from law enforcement officials and residents.
The victim, who is a cashew nut vendor in Castries, had just arrived home, around 7:20 p.m., when shots were fired at him from a vehicle.
The victim was shot at the bottom of his steps shortly after coming out of his vehicle, according to reports.
His wife, who was with him, was unharmed.
“His wife was on the vehicle with him but he got out first,” a source said.
The victim’s daughter transported him to a hospital where he underwent immediate surgery. His current medical status is unknown.
Sources believe the victim was trailed home by his attacker/s.
A resident told St. Lucia News Online that about six gunshots were heard.
We will provide an update as soon as we get more information.
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM
- 16-year-old among victims of Dominica plane crash February 17, 2020 6:31 PM
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020 2:08 PM
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM