Share This On:
A man was injured in a drive-by shooting at his home in Balata, Castries on Sunday evening (November 3), according to reports from law enforcement officials and residents.
The victim, who is a cashew nut vendor in Castries, had just arrived home, around 7:20 p.m., when shots were fired at him from a vehicle.
The victim was shot at the bottom of his steps shortly after coming out of his vehicle, according to reports.
His wife, who was with him, was unharmed.
“His wife was on the vehicle with him but he got out first,” a source said.
The victim’s daughter transported him to a hospital where he underwent immediate surgery. His current medical status is unknown.
Sources believe the victim was trailed home by his attacker/s.
A resident told St. Lucia News Online that about six gunshots were heard.
We will provide an update as soon as we get more information.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM