Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – A man fatally shot himself in the head while riding in the back of a yellow cab on the Upper West Side early Sunday morning, police said.
The 30-year-old man got into the taxi at about 2 a.m. near the corner of 93rd Street and Amsterdam Avenue, then pulled out a gun and shot himself once in the head while sitting in the backseat of the car, authorities said.
The driver pulled over and called 911 after the shooting, cops said.
Medics responded to the scene and rushed the man to Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, authorities said.
More International News Stories
- Black Texas teen told to cut his dreadlocks to walk at graduation January 23, 2020
- Snakes could be the source of the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak January 23, 2020
- US to impose visa restrictions for pregnant women January 23, 2020
- China shuts down more cities in bid to contain deadly virus January 23, 2020
- Venezuela has less cash in its coffers than Jay-Z is worth January 22, 2020
- Man cleared of murder walks free after 28 years in prison January 22, 2020