Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – A man fatally shot himself in the head while riding in the back of a yellow cab on the Upper West Side early Sunday morning, police said.
The 30-year-old man got into the taxi at about 2 a.m. near the corner of 93rd Street and Amsterdam Avenue, then pulled out a gun and shot himself once in the head while sitting in the backseat of the car, authorities said.
The driver pulled over and called 911 after the shooting, cops said.
Medics responded to the scene and rushed the man to Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, authorities said.
More International News Stories
- Heartburn drug Zantac recalled over cancer-causing chemical October 19, 2019
- Woman wears all her clothes at airport to avoid excess baggage fees October 18, 2019
- US: Man, 94, killed wife in failed murder-suicide October 16, 2019
- New York cop kills himself inside his home October 16, 2019
- UK: Video shows students high-fiving after rape drunk woman October 16, 2019
- Newborn girl found buried alive in Indian cemetery October 15, 2019
- Neighbor of Atatiana Jefferson says he’s “devastated” October 15, 2019