Share This On:
Police are investigating the shooting death of a 57-year-old resident of Morne D’or, Anse La Raye.
Reports are that Hippolyte Glasgow, a former barman for Sandals resorts, was sitting at the side of the road about 09:40 a.m. Monday, when two unmasked men opened fire on him.
The police said in a statement that Glasgow sustained a wound to the chest area, reportedly by the two males who were fleeing from Elcock’s supermarket after an alleged robbery.
Just minutes before he was shot and killed, the Morne D’or resident had left the supermarket after purchasing flour.
Residents in the area believe Glasgow was targeted because he may have been able to identify the criminals.
The police said this is the twenty-ninth homicide for 2016.
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM