Share This On:
(DOMINICA NEWS ONLINE) – The police have seized over half a million dollars in cash in a vehicle at Macoucherie and one man has been arrested on suspicion of money laundering.
According to the police PRO Sergeant Simon Edwards, the incident took place at 5:25 am on Wednesday, July 18, 2018, when officers of the Drug Squad Unit stopped an searched a vehicle.
The money, €187,245, in cash was discovered in a bag in the vehicle and counted in the presence of the man.
The money is equivalent to EC$561,735.
The man, vehicle, and cash were subsequently taken to Police Headquarters in Roseau.
Investigations are ongoing.
More Caribbean Stories
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020
- Jamaica: 21 year-old woman arrested after stolen Baby Nyyear found January 23, 2020
- Jamaica: Baby Bolt on the way January 23, 2020
- Guyana: Man allegedly rapes granddaughter January 23, 2020
- Trinidad: Father of 5 needed to pay rent, took ganja smuggling job January 23, 2020
- Pregnant Jamaican mom found dead in male bathroom January 23, 2020