Share This On:
(DOMINICA NEWS ONLINE) – The police have seized over half a million dollars in cash in a vehicle at Macoucherie and one man has been arrested on suspicion of money laundering.
According to the police PRO Sergeant Simon Edwards, the incident took place at 5:25 am on Wednesday, July 18, 2018, when officers of the Drug Squad Unit stopped an searched a vehicle.
The money, €187,245, in cash was discovered in a bag in the vehicle and counted in the presence of the man.
The money is equivalent to EC$561,735.
The man, vehicle, and cash were subsequently taken to Police Headquarters in Roseau.
Investigations are ongoing.
More Caribbean Stories
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica December 5, 2019
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019
- Trinidad school terror: Pupils scream as gunfire erupts December 5, 2019
- Jamaica: Cabbie finds $100,000 in car – Says it is a gift from God December 5, 2019
- BVI: Local police officer charged with indecent assault on minor December 5, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop gets $.2m for falling off chair December 5, 2019
- Jamaica: Cops nab 4 alleged phone grabbers, one accused car thief December 5, 2019