Share This On:
(DOMINICA NEWS ONLINE) – The police have seized over half a million dollars in cash in a vehicle at Macoucherie and one man has been arrested on suspicion of money laundering.
According to the police PRO Sergeant Simon Edwards, the incident took place at 5:25 am on Wednesday, July 18, 2018, when officers of the Drug Squad Unit stopped an searched a vehicle.
The money, €187,245, in cash was discovered in a bag in the vehicle and counted in the presence of the man.
The money is equivalent to EC$561,735.
The man, vehicle, and cash were subsequently taken to Police Headquarters in Roseau.
Investigations are ongoing.
- Jamaica: Woman says pastor set “bloodsucking demons” on her family
- Trinidad: Women detained after family chopping
- Jamaica: Cops challenge constitutionality of appeal being held via Zoom
- Jamaica: Mother dies trying to rescue children from fire
- Jamaica: Woman charged with murder after allegedly pouring hot oil on taxi driver
- Trinidad Parliament dissolves in July: Rowley
- COVID-19 screening online platform to be launched soon in Jamaica
- Jamaica police hit by sudden death of colleagues hours apart
- Jamaica: Official says optional coronavirus testing for visitors is “dangerous”