Share This On:
(AP) – Prosecutors accuse a 26-year-old St. Louis man of dunking an 8-month-old boy in water so hot that some of his skin burned off and he was left with brain damage.
Anthony Patrick Jr. was charged Sunday with felony child abuse or neglect causing serious injury.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that police were called Friday to Cardinal Glennon Medical Center in St. Louis to investigate after the boy was admitted.
Patrick told investigators he put the boy in a sink of hot water. Aside from the damage to his skin, doctors found the boy had a severe brain injury requiring surgery, cuts to his liver and a blood clot near his kidneys.
Online court records don’t name an attorney who can speak for Patrick.
He is jailed on $250,000 bail.
More International News Stories
- WHO raises global virus risk to maximum level February 28, 2020
- Pope sick a 2nd day with apparent cold, cancels audiences February 28, 2020
- Mexico declares first case of coronavirus February 28, 2020
- Virus to cost world tourism at least $22 bn — WTTC February 28, 2020
- Belgian wine alert after woman dies from sip of MDMA drug February 28, 2020
- E. coli gut infection linked to bowel cancer February 27, 2020
- Facebook bans ads with false claims about coronavirus February 27, 2020
- Coronavirus patient in Brazil marks Latin America’s first case February 26, 2020