Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – As kids in St. Lucia returned to school, they have one more reason to be excited about the new school year which commenced two weeks ago. Quite apart from their new bags, shoes and uniforms, students from various schools across the island are now sporting some eye-catching new covers on their school books.
Axcel Finance, the leading regional microfinance institution, distributed among the Gordon & Walcott Memorial Methodist School, the Marchand Combined School and the Dennery Primary School over two thousand school book covers for the new school term. The book covers were distributed by the principals among students whose books were without any type of preservation.
This initiative is the latest among several youth-development initiatives Axcel Finance carried out. In the last school term, the Axcel Mentorship Programme provided leadership training to number of students and over the summer, an internship programme provided hands-on work experience to secondary school students.
Mrs. Hermina Danzie-Vitalis, Axcel Finance’s Country Manager said: “Often we overlook such small details which ultimately can go such a long way, and we at Axcel Finance want to encourage young students to excel in their studies and to make it pleasant and fun.”
These book covers, which have inspirational and motivational quotes printed on them, will go a long way to save money not only the parents of the students but also for the country as a whole.
Principals of the institutions which received the book covers commended Axcel on the gesture and expressed the hope that it will increase students thirst for knowledge and help shape more well-adjusted young persons within the school system and the society at large.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Social workers attend software refresher course February 18, 2020
- Global investors look to diversify portfolios amid coronavirus chaos February 18, 2020
- General procurement notice: Closure Plan for Vieux Fort Landfill February 18, 2020
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020
- Chamber and SLASPA getting down to the business of Port Castries February 17, 2020
- Small business tax filing workshop February 17, 2020
- Export Saint Lucia set to Launch the National Export Strategy February 17, 2020