Share This On:
(CMC) – Police Friday said they had seized a quantity of drugs as well as guns and ammunition during a pre-dawn raid in Central Trinidad.
Police Commissioner Gary Griffith, who led the police exercise following a sting operation, said on television that “a very high-profile person of interest” had been detained.
He said the operation came after 18 months of intelligence work and represents a significant break in the illegal guns and drugs trade.
The police said several new guns had been sized during the operation and that several warrants for the arrest of another individual will be executed later on Friday.
Police have maintained a heavy presence in the Macaya Trace, checking vehicles and people entering and exiting the area.
Photos below by Trinidad Express
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM