Share This On:
(CMC) — An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.1 rocked sections of the twin island republic early Friday.
According to the Seismic Research Centre at the University of the West Indies (UWI) St Augustine campus, the earthquake occurred around 4:11 am (local time).
The tremor, which was felt in the cities of Port of Spain, San Fernando and Arima, had a depth of 10 kilometres.
So far, there have been no reports of injuries or damage.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Police officer guilty of forging sick-leave certificate November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj suffers stroke, in critical condition November 12, 2019
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019
- Another Trinidad church holds fashion show November 10, 2019