Share This On:
ROSEAU, Dominica, Feb. 28, CMC – The Seismic Center at the University of the West Indies (UWI) says an earthquake with a magnitude of 3.3 was felt in southern Dominica on Thursday.
The Seismic Centre located on the St. Augustine Campus in Trinidad and Tobago, reports that at 1:37 pm (local time), the quake was felt close to the Petite Soufriere area.
The Centre said that because the event was relatively shallow at 12 kilometers it would have been felt in the southern part of the Island.
This was followed by a burst of smaller earthquakes.
Thursday’s tremor follows one with a magnitude of 3.3 which was also followed by a burst of smaller events.
There were no reports of injuries or damage.
More Dominica News Stories
- Dominica’s general elections to take place December 6 November 6, 2019
- Antigua to get $40 million loan for purchase of LIAT shares November 5, 2019
- Dominica elections within 100 days: PM Skerrit October 14, 2019
- Dominica launches official hike passport September 24, 2019
- Laws banning gay sex under challenge in Dominica July 21, 2019
- Dominica bans single-use plastic bags July 6, 2019